 Robotics / 15183
Re: LEGO Electro-magnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 22:23:05 GMT

The easiest way to get an electormagnet is to hack a small 12 volt electric
clutch or brake.  These have a powerful electromagnet that still has good
strength when run at 9 volts.  Most of them will not overload the RCX.  Edmund
Scientific sells one, but I have not tried it.

    - pete.

Pete Sevcik     sevcik@flash.net
Techno-stuff Robotics
http://www.techno-stuff.com
Robotics for FUN !

James Matthews wrote:

Hi there,

Being a *complete* dufus when it comes to things like electronics, I've no
idea how to start creating my own sensors, but I feel I have to start
somewhere.

I've thought about creating a LEGO Electromagnet (uses the motor connectors
to be turned on and off) so you can create robots that pick up things. Any
ideas how I might go about doing this?

Regards,

James.

- James Matthews
Generation5: http://www.generation5.org/
"...At the forefront of Artificial Intelligence..."

--
Pete Sevcik     sevcik@flash.net
Techno-stuff Robotics
http://www.flash.net/~sevcik/