 Robotics / 1480
  Sensor information & Extreme Creatures

Hi, Well, i've been trying to catchup with the LEGO world after 10 years of inactivity, and after 3 days of browsing i've got a few doubts about some stuff on the MindStoms set(which has really impressed me). Here they go: - Could someone explain to (...) (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Sensor information & Extreme Creatures

Charles G.K. Young wrote in message ... (...) The rotation sensor and most other sensor information can be found on my web site: (URL) temperature sensor just measures temperature at a spot. You would have to build a robot that moved the sensor (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Sensor information & Extreme Creatures

(...) site: (...) I don't think any sensor using a thermistor will be really succesfull, probably the best technique is to use a pyroelectric sensor, Maplin in England sell them, Radio Shack in the States must. The pyroelectric sensor is an IR (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

Barry Bott wrote in message <36783E8B.7C3D@virgin.net>... (...) I agree that I'm asking a lot out of a humble thermistor. My plan is to have a two thermistors. One on each end of a fairly long pole mounted like headlights on a mobile robot. Just (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Sensor information & Extreme Creatures

In article <36783E8B.7C3D@virgin.net>, Barry Bott <barry.bott@virgin.net> writes (...) Coins on the floor are no problem. What we need is a robot which finds coins down the side of the settee. (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Sensor information & Extreme Creatures

In article <F437wI.MyC@lugnet.com>, Michael Gasperi <lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com> writes (...) If you mounted a fast-response thermistor behind a lens you would have a very directional scanning heatseeker. Obviously you would need to rotate the (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Sensor information & Extreme Creatures

In article <F437wI.MyC@lugnet.com>, Michael Gasperi <lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com> writes (...) I have used the NS LM50CIM3 for years now. This is a cheap SOT23 SMD chip and therefore nicely small too. Come in larger TO92 package too (LM50BIZ or CIZ) (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Sensor information & Extreme Creatures

(...) Yes I agree, my grandchildren thought of a robot pet and I did consider that using thermistors one could build a robopet that just looked for warm radiators to sit against, a bit like a cat or dog. Barry (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)