 Robotics / 1480
1479  |  1481
Subject:
Sensor information & Extreme Creatures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 22:07:45 GMT

Hi,

Well, i've been trying to catchup with the LEGO world after 10 years
of inactivity, and after 3 days of browsing i've got a few doubts about
some stuff on the MindStoms set(which has really impressed me).
Here they go:

- Could someone explain to me how the Rotation sensor work in details?
- Can the Temperature sensor identify heat sources? (probably not)
And has anyone devised some robot that use it ? if yes , with what function
?
- On the LEGO website, the Extreme creatures set description reads
like this "...to create creatures that stalk prey, attack intruders, or flee
from danger." . what does this means exatcly ? is there some code on the
CD that teaches the robots to act like that ? i've read that it comes
with no new sensor, so that's not a possibility.

That's it for now ... sorry for the barrage of questions =)

Best regard to everybody out there.

Charles G.K. Young - Geologia/UFRJ