 Robotics / 14796
  Ideas for new sets?

I have a very basic question, on the subject of new sets and themes and so on; If technic "was" a viable medium for kids with latent engineering skills to learn with, why are those kinds of sets not still available? If Lego were selling to the same (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ideas for new sets?

(...) Basically what you're asking is, "Why has LEGO completely lost their mind?". I think the "Technic concept" is still valid. I think it's just being re-marketed under the Mindstorms product line. Who knows what LEGO was thinking when they came (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ideas for new sets?

(...) Don't forget the selling of Lego Technic to George Lucas! I agree the Dacta Catalog is repleat with wonderful kits that are unavailable to the consumer. The solar kit is one of the most fascinating and would be a wonderful way for children and (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Ideas for new sets?

(...) While it's true that Dacta products aren't exactly readily available to the average consumer at the local mall, you can easily mail-order them. The catalog is on-line at (URL) are a few mail-order places in the US that carry the Dacta. I have (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  LEGO capacitor cares about polarity

I found some information about the LEGO capacitor that might help close this discussion at (URL) Characteristics - 1 Farad @ 2.5 Volts Capacity or about 3.125 joules - Operating voltage 2.5 Volts normal, 4 Volts Charging Max. - 250 mA Maximum (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ideas for new sets?

(...) What exists in the real world and what exists in the minds of some marketing personnel is often radically different. The play and educational value of Technic IS still present, but isn't valued as much by the marketing people at Lego. I (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ideas for new sets?

(...) ...and they are marketing to children raised on Nintendo. We are responsible to teach children how valuable a "highly flexible mechnical building toy" is. ---...--- $50,000 for Jill Behrman (URL) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ideas for new sets?

(...) Pokemon Jürgen (23 years ago, 1-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ideas for new sets?

(...) Digimon ? Simon (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)