 Robotics / 14768
RE: lego cap, polarity, etc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 00:11:56 GMT

That's right - it only needs to protect the capacitor from wrong polarity,
but does not have to compensate. Maybe the instructions simply say "if it
doesn't work, rotate the connector 90 degrees". Maybe the LED gives some
indication if it is connected properly?

Micah, can you shed some light on this?

Tilman

If I read correctly, it sounds as if there are + and - signs on
the capacitor,
which would imply that there is something that would block an incorrect
polarity on the terminal.  Maybe the diode and the 2 transistors
on the board
do this, I do not know.

Andy