 Robotics / 14702
  Curved Feet

Hi, Skip to the bottom for the question :) I am getting back into building robots now, and decided I wanted to build a 2 legged walker. I looked at the various Lego solutions, and realized that none used pneumatics. That began my quest to build a (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Curved Feet

(...) Andy: That's an interesting site. I can't think of a way to make curved feet, BUT there is the 1x6 sloped beam. as seen here: (URL) was thinking that if you used two of these with the "studs" pointing down, you might be able to replicate that (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Curved Feet

(...) What about using #32250 liftarms? They may not be large enough for your needs, but here's a pic: (URL) Regards Micah J. Mabelitini - LUGNET #918 The University of Kentucky SECC Middlesboro Academic Skills Resource Center accutron@kih.net - (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Curved Feet

Andy, I think the curved foot concept is the wrong direction for a two-legged mechanism. The few simple two-legged mechanisms I have seen rely on two feet, each with a VERY large footprint. Each footprint is large enough to support the weight of the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Curved Feet

/nitpick on/ (...) Technically, you can't move your knee joint laterally. As for lateral toe movement - it's so small as to be trivial. /nitpick off/ Matthias Jetleb VA3-MWJ (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Curved Feet

(...) How about curved railway track? IIRC that gives you pieces about 16 studs long (little less for inner rail, more for outer) with an angle of 1/16th full circle (22.5 degrees). You can then call the beast "big foot" :-) Jürgen (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Curved Feet

Well, if you read the page, you will find that they did papers on this principle. Try looking one directory back. Anyway, in the paper A 3-D passive-dynamic walking robot with two legs and knees, they described how they built the robot. Since thier (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Curved Feet

(...) Many Znap set have smooth curve part. They can be connected to Technic parts. (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Curved Feet

After viewing the walder movie, I wonder if it would work with flat feet, and an ankle joint? Gravity would keep the flat foot pointed down when the leg was lifted. - pete. (...) -- Pete Sevcik sevcik@flash.net Techno-stuff Robotics (URL) for FUN ! (23 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Curved Feet

Is this set still available? If so, does anyone know where it may be purchased? (URL) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Curved Feet

What kind of ankle joint? A motorized one, or passive one? If it is the first type I think the leg will be too heavy to be moved quickly. That is critical since the robot falls onto itself. Looking closer at the design, I think that you only need to (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Curved Feet

Scott, I see this set frequently on eBay. There are six there now. Just search for "8880". I got two that way. It's a great set, though I feel that the suspension and joints to transmit driving power to the wheels are rather inflexible. Most of the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Curved Feet

Hello, (...) With a little bit of tuning, you can use the suspension system so that the axles are flat, hence less friction. It's just a pity that this system is limited to one type of wheels. (...) Who cares? What I'm missing in some of the current (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Curved Feet

Your comment about the wheels is the main annoyance of the inflexibility I mentioned. Re beams: Heh, I had several of the old Expert Builder Sets so I had an overload of beams. I've been buying lots of parts trying to bring up my inventory of more (...) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)