 Robotics / 14571
  3 Robot Project - ALL DONE ALMOST

I'm just about done with my 3 robot project but have one last problem. I've posted before and have taken people's advise on building this project but alas I have one last barrier before I can present this at work for our Bring a Child to Work Day (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 3 Robot Project - ALL DONE ALMOST

(...) use a 'glider' instead. (One of those black 2x2 stud inverted dome thingies). They slide quite well over smooth surfaces. Maybe even less friction than the pivot wheel. But mainly, they slide equally well in all directions, so no problems with (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 3 Robot Project - ALL DONE ALMOST

Try just using one wheel on your caster. This will eliminate a good bit of the drag you are seeing. With one wheel, the drag shouldn't disturb your vehicle's heading as much. You could be tricky and use a spherical roller or an omni wheel instead, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 3 Robot Project - ALL DONE ALMOST

(...) What is a sperical roller andomi wheel? What do they look like? Thanks Ahui (23 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 3 Robot Project - ALL DONE ALMOST

I designed a caster wheel assembly that worked pretty well. It uses a single, centered wheel instead of the two wheels you have. The two wheel assembly you are using tends to not want to turn. Anyway go to the following web site for assembly (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 3 Robot Project - ALL DONE ALMOST

Here's three ideas ranging from easy to implement, but not terribly effective, to fairly effective, but harder to employ. You could try to characterize the amount of rotation that occurs in the robot as the caster wheel straightens out when you (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 3 Robot Project - ALL DONE ALMOST

A spherical roller is just a ball in a loose fiting socket like on the underside of a mechanical mouse. (Computer pointing device, not a robo-rodent !) Some people actually use the tops of roll on anti-perspirant bottles for casters on small (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

Looks good : ) Nice and compact ! Thanks for sharing this. "Gustav Jansson" <GJansson@aol.com> wrote in message news:G9uM19.C84@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 3 Robot Project - ALL DONE ALMOST

Sorry about getting to this so late. This message got lost. (...) I suggest replacing the wheels on your caster with medium pulleys (the ones similar to 24t gears), WITHOUT putting the "O-ring" tires on them. I have found this to be an excellent (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)