 Robotics / 14459
    Where'd they hide the RIS? —Greg Betzel
   (...) Very interesting, and not in a good way. :( How often does the S@H catalog come out? I wonder if Lego is just keeping quiet on Mindstorms until RIS 2.0 is available. (...) The bean counters carry a lot more weight than a web counter. While (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Where'd they hide the RIS? —Jim Morris
     I just received the latest Pitsco Lego-Dacta catalog and all of the Mindstorms and RoboLab products have vanished here also?? Not good! Jim James H. Morris (Jim) Heathwood Hall Episcopal School 3000 South Beltline Blvd. Columbia, SC 29201 ----- (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

         RE: Where'd they hide the RIS? —Tilman Sporkert
     Huh? I got one of those a few weeks ago, and it is full of Mindstorms and Robolab products. Jim, are you sure you got the Lego Dacta catalog? Pitsco has multiple catalogs! (...) ... (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Where'd they hide the RIS? —Micah J. Mabelitini
      I got the PLD "Because Young Minds Matter" catalog a couple weeks ago, and it has tons of RCX-based Dacta/Mindstorms products; there's even a RCX/Vision Command-based robot on the cover. LEGO has certainly not discontinued the Mindstorms line. From (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Where'd they hide the RIS? —John Heins
     The new Pitsco DACTA catalog still has the same Mindstorm stuff - updated. The Mars exploration package now has the Lego Digital Camera instead of the old Logitech one. The new CAD program from Autodesk ships March 1, replacing the old one. So, I (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Where'd they hide the RIS? —Matthias Jetleb
     (...) Is there a significant difference between the Lego and Logitech cameras? Also, I wasn't aware that Lego had a CAD program for sale. Can you give me more information? Matthias Jetleb VA3-MWJ (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Where'd they hide the RIS? —Steve Baker
   (...) Well, when I expressed my concern to Lego about the Microsoft tie-in, they sent me a nice letter in reply saying that the tie in was mainly to do with the Lego computer games and that Mindstorms software wouldn't be affected. (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Where'd they hide the RIS? —Phil Vanderpoel
   I think you guys are a little mixed up. Look at the back cover of the Pitsco catalog you just received. You will see 4 catalogs pictured one of which is the Pitsco Lego Dacta catalog that you probably received about a month ago. I was tickled to get (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)