 Robotics / 14460
Re: Where'd they hide the RIS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 00:36:38 GMT

I just received the latest Pitsco Lego-Dacta catalog and all of the
Mindstorms and RoboLab products have vanished here also?? Not good!

Jim

James H. Morris (Jim)
Heathwood Hall Episcopal School
3000 South Beltline Blvd.
Columbia, SC 29201
----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Betzel" <kelleysoft@pressenter.com>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 5:54 PM
Subject: Where'd they hide the RIS?

John Barnes wrote:

I just got the new Lego S@H catalog and almost all the Mindstorms
related products have gone!

Very interesting, and not in a good way. :(

How often does the S@H catalog come out?  I wonder if Lego is just keeping
quiet on Mindstorms until RIS 2.0 is available.

You don't suppose the hit counter on the Mindstorms website is telling
TLC a story we'd rather not hear do you?

The bean counters carry a lot more weight than a web counter.  While
Mindstorms certainly has been popular, I wonder how PROFITABLE it's been
for Lego.  This isn't flame-bait or a snub; I'm honestly curious.
Maintaining the programming and R&D obviously makes for a lot of overhead,
especially for someone mainly in the toy industry.  I wonder if this is
where Microsoft comes in, and we just haven't seen the products yet.

Greg Betzel