 Robotics / 14465
RE: Where'd they hide the RIS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 05:13:55 GMT

I think you guys are a little mixed up.  Look at the back cover of the
Pitsco catalog you just received.  You will see 4 catalogs pictured one of
which is the Pitsco Lego Dacta catalog that you probably received about a
month ago.  I was tickled to get the educational catalog because of its
diversity.  It didn't frighten me into believing in a MS takeover or
discontinuation of pitsco's commitment to lego.
phil

-----Original Message-----
From: steve [mailto:steve]On Behalf Of Steve Baker
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 8:47 PM
To: Greg Betzel
Cc: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: Where'd they hide the RIS?

Greg Betzel wrote:

Maintaining the programming and R&D obviously makes for a lot of overhead,
especially for someone mainly in the toy industry.  I wonder if this is
where Microsoft comes in, and we just haven't seen the products yet.

Well, when I expressed my concern to Lego about the Microsoft tie-in, they
sent me a nice letter in reply saying that the tie in was mainly to do with
the Lego computer games and that Mindstorms software wouldn't be affected.

--
Steve Baker   HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>
              WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>