 Robotics / 1423
  RE: Mindstorm/CyberMaster Swap

ok, no flames on this one!!! I am new to the Lego robot series. I have never heard of CyberMaster, and am very intrigued... I am gathering from this post that it is not sold in the states? Why is that? I am completely hooked on Mindstorms, and the (...) (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorm/CyberMaster Swap

(...) I -- and I am making this up based on no facts that I know of -- think it might have something to do with FCC licensing and radio frequencies/power. (...) Mindstorms _is_ the more advanced set for grownups. Cybermaster is designed with "play" (...) (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorm/CyberMaster Swap

(...) It is but the Cybermaster does have some useful additions that I wish had made it into the Mindstorms RCX. The Cybermaster motors have built-in tachometers that can be used to report trip distance and rotational speed. The third motor output (...) (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

Barfoot, William: wrote in message ... (...) For comparison CM - MS, see: (URL) Brok Visit LEGO ON MY MIND: (URL) Control section: (URL) section: (URL) (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorm/CyberMaster Swap

(...) You can do stall detection this way? How can this be done using NQC, say? I've brought up this issue in this discussion group earlier, but noone knew how to do stall detection, or so it seemed to me. Fredrik (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorm/CyberMaster Swap

(...) Any of you have confirmed this? Some time ago in a few test I've made the only I could read with MotorCurrent() was if the motor was running...(?) Laurentino Martins [lau@mail.telepac.pt] [(URL) (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorm/CyberMaster Swap

(...) report (...) detection. (...) MotorCurrent() was if the motor was running...(?) Okay, I've just made some measurements on the motor current when driving the grabber tool on the CyberTruck model from the CM set. When off the current is (...) (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)