 Robotics / 1423
RE: Mindstorm/CyberMaster Swap
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 18:57:00 GMT

ok, no flames on this one!!!  I am new to the Lego robot series. I have
never heard of CyberMaster, and am very intrigued...  I am gathering
from this post that it is not sold in the states? Why is that? I am
completely hooked on Mindstorms, and the thought of a more advanced set
for "grown ups" is very exciting... Can someone enlighten me on this
subject...

Bill Barfoot
I.T. Analyst

-----Original Message-----
From: Hossepian, Nishan [SMTP:Nishan.Hossepian@usa.xerox.com]
Sent: Monday, December 14, 1998 11:36 AM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Mindstorm/CyberMaster Swap

Hi again,

First off, I'd like to say "thank you" to all of you for your
wonderful
suggestions on keeping all those Lego pieces together. I decided on
the
"stackable toolbox" solution which I bought from Fry's.

I've been reading the posts regarding RIS vs. Cybermaster availability
here
in the States and abroad and I was wondering if the price disparity
between
these two sets was negligible enough to warrant an RIS <-> Cybermaster
trade
between us Yanks and those of you "across the pond".  Basically, I buy
Mindstorms kit here, you buy a Cybermaster kit there and we send them
each other. I'm not ready to do this right now, as I am allocating
funds for
other "toys" at the moment :-). But I thought I'd just throw the idea
out
there to kick around.

Happy Holidays,
Nishan