 Robotics / 14201
Re: Fw: Saw RCX brick at Goodwill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 03:36:53 GMT

Rainer Balzerowski wrote:

The new (2.0) firmware is included in the Lego "RCX 2.0 Beta SDK"

You can find it at http://mindstorms.lego.com/
In the right bottom corner is a link to "Hacker Info - RCX 2.0 BETA SDK"
On the bottom of the appearing page you're linked to the download page.

You can use this SDK as well for programming your RCX. But I'm not sure how
well it will work with a RCX 1.0 (It's developed for RCX2.0 and is still BETA)

I use it all the time with my RCX 1.0 - with the latest NQC, you really *need*
that new firmware.

Also, whilst it's still shown as being in Beta test, we know that RCX 2.0 is
coming *soon* so we have to guess that the software is pretty much settled.

I certainly havn't seen a single problem with it.

--
Steve Baker   HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>
              WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>