 Robotics / 14166
Fw: Saw RCX brick at Goodwill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 23:06:40 GMT

ok, you convinced me.  i went at lunch and bought it.  looks like
everything
is there but the CD.  it's a Robotics Invention System 1.5

now i wished i'd paid attention to your discussions about what software to
program it with.

----- Original Message -----
From: Amnon Silverstein <amnon@best.com>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 10:59 AM
Subject: Re: Saw RCX brick at Goodwill

I need more information to help you. Where exactly is this Goodwill • located,
and what are their business hours?
Regards,
Amnon

In lugnet.robotics, "cbrenizer" <cbrenizer@mail.trib.net> writes:
Hey all,

i'm a casual follower of the list and only hit the leggos once in a • while
with my three yr old.   But this weekend was in Goodwill and saw a box, • blue
lightening bolts, etc...(can't remember what product name was on
it....argh..maybe inventions something..) with a programmable brick in • it
for 29.95 US.  A handwritten note on the box said 'no software, for • parts
only' on it.

so my questions would be, what's the going price for just an RCX, in • case
there is nothing else usable in the factory box.  and is the software
downloadable via the web.  plus, what else would have to be in the box • to
make it worth $30 in case the brick is fired...

TIA
chrisb