 Robotics / 14168
Re: Fw: Saw RCX brick at Goodwill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 23:51:44 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, "cbrenizer" <cbrenizer@mail.trib.net> writes:
ok, you convinced me.  i went at lunch and bought it.  looks like
everything
is there but the CD.  it's a Robotics Invention System 1.5

now i wished i'd paid attention to your discussions about what software to
program it with.

Hi chrisb,

I would recommend Dave Baums NQC (Not Quite C) for you as a rookie ;-)

You can find it here :
http://www.enteract.com/~dbaum/nqc/

And if you're living in a windows world you can use the RCXCC (RXC Command
Center ; don't know who's responsible for this :( ) located here :
http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/markov/lego/rcxcc/index.html
it uses NQC.

If you're familiar with C (and the linux world -> gcc, kernel and stuff)
you can use legOS (created by Marcus Noga) it's very good but much (, much,
much) more complicated.
This you'll find here :
http://www.noga.de/legOS/

There are some other softwares (hmm, programming languages ?!?) you can use.
There is a TinyVM (Java for RCX from Jose Solorzano I guess) and a FORTH
version for RCX called pbFORTH ( created by Ralph Hempel ->
http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH/ )
(I'm sure that's not all, sorry to those I forgot !)

Any questions left ??  :) :) :) :)

Rainer