 Robotics / 13844
    Re: Need for chat server? —Mike Fusion
   I think that if you were to create a chat server strictly for lugnet that not only would they appreciate it but people would use it. not at first because it would take a while for some to hear about it but eventually it would get used. i personally (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        The need for chat server - a dissenting opinion —Matthias Jetleb
     Sorry, but I for one have to vote against the idea. I appreciate that, given IRC's relative immediacy, there are some advantages to being able to get an answer "right now". This assumes, of course, that there is someone on-line with the answer (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: The need for chat server - a dissenting opinion —John Saylor
     Hi ( 01.01.12 03:32 +0000 ) Matthias Jetleb: (...) No need to be sorry for a well thought out opinion. (...) I have a feeling most of what would go on would be "chatter" [which is OK]. You are right, that any useful content that appears in a chat (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: The need for chat server - a dissenting opinion —Ross Carlson
   Hi Matthias, This is an excellent point you make. I agree that the nature of IRC doesn't lend itself to directly contributing to the knowledge base of Lugnet. However I also feel that many problem-brainstormin...g-solution cycles, and the knowledge (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)