 Robotics / 13624
  Power inlet to RCX 1.5?

Hi! (No, I did not dig back in the news archive, perhaps I should? Can't remeber seeing any final solution to this, a lot of questions about it though) Has anybody mixtured with the RCX 1.5 to give it an power inlet like the 1.0? At least the same (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power inlet to RCX 1.5?

Some people already discussed it in the past but I don't remember nobody saying that it was already done. I'm very interested in this matter also. One idea was do use a wire with aligator clips connected to the internal baterry connectors. You may (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power inlet to RCX 1.5?

You could use a voltage regulator at the adaptor output. You would not get anything above the rated voltage, but I do not know about lower voltages. Andy (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power inlet to RCX 1.5?

(...) If anybody can describe (and maybe make pictures of) the circuit in 1.0 or 2.0, maybe it can be added to 1.5? Jürgen (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power inlet to RCX 1.5?

(...) Since it works fine with 1.2V recharable batteries I guess a little less then 9V is also OK. Also it should handle a tad above 9V w/o problems. I got a very nice transformator with both an analouge voltage and ampere meter but I'll hook it up (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power inlet to RCX 1.5?

(...) Wow, it's a little later in the year, and no additional posts have been made on the subject (right?). I just want to add, that connecting a 6 or 9.6 Volt DC via alligator clips hasn't yielded any reaction from the RCX (not even with the (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power inlet to RCX 1.5?

<snip> (...) What about a wooden dowel with a screw in the end to hold the wire? -Rob (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power inlet to RCX 1.5?

"rhendrix" <rmhendrix@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GH06Ju.L9J@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) I haven't seen the earlier posts in this thread but I assume we are talking about a way of getting an AC adaptor to drive an RCX from 1.5 without (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power inlet to RCX 1.5?

(...) That's right, Darren, but I'm not from Britain, so I'll look at the product for ideas. Is it necessary to fill the entire battery bay, or will one AA suffice to provide the power needed? Also, I'm not only pondering the technicalities of (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Power inlet to RCX 1.5?

(...) There are 12 contact pads in the battery bay. One is the + lead to the RCX, one is the - lead to the RCX, and the other 10 are used to connect the batteries in series. You need to supply power to the two contact pads that connect to the RCX (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power inlet to RCX 1.5?

(...) Just an idea I had months ago. Silly, but inexpensive and, most important, it works. I use batteries in a RCX to power a second RCX, because the "plugs" I built can stay in place also with batteries in the RCX. Sorry, "captions" are in italian (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power inlet to RCX 1.5?

(...) Check out this site, Jürgen: (URL) least it used to be there... Grtz., Remko (23 years ago, 23-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power inlet to RCX 1.5?

(...) But what sort of Voltage and Amperage do you use with that connection? Coz, with me it won't work very well with a couple of adapters putting out 6 to 12 Volts (max. 1.25 A). Grtz., Remko (23 years ago, 24-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power inlet to RCX 1.5?

(...) Yes, but there are only pictures, no circuit diagram. It is very hard to figure out a circuit from photos, it is much easier if you really have the thing. Jürgen (23 years ago, 24-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power inlet to RCX 1.5?

(...) I'd use a 9V 1.5A _regulated_ power supply. Lower ampere ratings should also work until you stall three motors ... Jürgen (23 years ago, 24-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power inlet to RCX 1.5?

(...) Yes you're right, Jürgen, I don't really know what to look for in there, for I am not such a circuitry wiz ;-) But as far as I know, Kekoa (the guy from that site) is the minor deity in this line of work (to quote Gasperi). Grtz., Remko (23 years ago, 24-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power inlet to RCX 1.5?

(...) Thanks, Jürgen! I have installed the firmware with a 9.6V=, 50mA! adapter, but no sensors or motors connected :-) It was a breeze after I found the right connection plates inside the battery bay. Gr., Remko (23 years ago, 24-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power inlet to RCX 1.5?

(...) Yes you're right, Jürgen, I don't really know what to look for in there, for I am not such a circuitry wiz ;-) But as far as I know, Kekoa (the guy from that site) is the minor deity in this line of work (to quote Gasperi). Grtz., Remko (23 years ago, 25-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power inlet to RCX 1.5?

(...) RCX, (...) Coz, (...) to (...) Thanks, Jürgen! I have installed the firmware with a 9.6V=, 50mA! adapter, but no sensors or motors connected :-) It was a breeze after I found the right connection plates inside the battery bay. Gr., Remko (23 years ago, 25-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics)