 Robotics / 16031
Re: Power inlet to RCX 1.5?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 22:37:36 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Juergen Stuber writes:
"Da Byte" <DaByte@hotmail.com> writes:

In lugnet.robotics, Sergio Lorenzetti writes:
There are 12 contact pads in the battery bay. One is the + lead to the • RCX,
one is the - lead to the RCX, and the other 10 are used to connect the

But what sort of Voltage and Amperage do you use with that connection? • Coz,
with me it won't work very well with a couple of adapters putting out 6 • to
12 Volts (max. 1.25 A).

I'd use a 9V 1.5A _regulated_ power supply.
Lower ampere ratings should also work until you stall three motors ...

Jürgen

Thanks, Jürgen!
I have installed the firmware with a 9.6V=, 50mA! adapter, but no sensors
or
motors connected :-) It was a breeze after I found the right connection
plates inside the battery bay.

Gr.,
Remko