 Robotics / 12872
Re: Rechargable batteries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 04:22:37 GMT

I had a similar problem with the RCX. I use the RCX and it works well with
1,2V NiCd batteries as soon as the tower uses a regular 9V battery. If I use
a rechargable 9V battery I have a problem similar to yours.
Try using a regular 9V battery and rechargables at the cybermaster. Maybe
the tower requires a greater amperage than the rechagable can afford.
Usually the tower battery lasts a long time if you use downloaded programs
only so that may not be a big problem. At least that's what happens to the
IR tower.

good luck,
Mauro

"Guido Heunen" <heunen@crys.chem.uva.nl> wrote in message
Hi,

I just bought a set of 6 AA 1600mAH rechargable batteries together with
one rechar. bat. 9V 150 mAH. I tested if the whole bunch would work
in my cybermaster unit and the radio tower. Well, nothing happens to the
cybermaster. The tower unit is blinking (it's led) but the cybermaster
does not blink at all. I wrote a small program (which was tested with • normal
batt. and worked correctly) to check the status of both the tower and
cybermaster.
The tower (although blinking) gives no positive check as well as the
cybermaster unit (not blinking).

Is there anyone who has a solution to this.

Maybe someone had the same problem with the RXC?

Ps. when i use the 6 AA rechar. batt. in my codepilot it works perfectly. • The
same holds for the rechar. batt. 9V in for example my monorail. So, i • concluded
that the batteries should be working.

Guido