 Robotics / 12867
Re: Rechargable batteries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 17:45:58 GMT

I've read a lot of posts about the EverReady Renewals, and to be
honest, I have to really wonder if they are anything special or not. I
kinda think it might mostly just be the charger that is
special. However, I *do not know*, so this is just speculation.

I got a charger that is supposed to recharge regular alkaline
batteries from Real Goods last year. Batteries that are charged on it
seem to behave the same way I've heard Renewals behave. You have to
make sure to barely use the battery before you recharge it, sometimes
the batteries can only be recharged once or twice, if at all, and
occasionally they leak shortly after being recharged and put into use.

--
Chris Osborn                      Full System, Inc.
fozztexx@fullsystem.com           2160 Jefferson St., #240