 Robotics / 12868
Re: Rechargable batteries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 18:04:58 GMT

fozztexx@pez.fullsystem.com (Chris Osborn) writes:

I've read a lot of posts about the EverReady Renewals, and to be
honest, I have to really wonder if they are anything special or not.

AFAIK they are built more robust, to tolerate the charging better,
while chemically they are the same.
That said, my experience with AAA renewals (the german Müller system)
for my Palm III was not good.  Even with an expensive intelligent charger
and avoiding deep discharge carefully, they exploded and/or started
leaking.  With the cheap weak charger that I had at first they were
not charged well and voltage plummeted under load, causing crashes.

Nowadays I use only rechargable NiMH (Lego, Palm, digital camera)
with a charger that discharges before charging, and that works well.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/