 Robotics / 12788
12787  |  12789
Subject:
AI, AI & AC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 19:14:12 GMT

Jon Kongsvold wrote:

Everybody today is talking about Artificial Intelligence.  I think • this is
only one of (at least!!!) three different elements our mind is using:

AI: Artificial Intelligence
AI: Artificial Intuition
AC: Artificial Consciousness

Why do all of these begin with the word Artificial? Don't you mean to
say that our mind operates with "intelligence", "intuition" and
"consciousness"? What exactly is the difference between Artificial
Consciousness and "real" Consciousness?

It is easy to >say< that a computer uses artificial intelligence, while
a person uses "real" intelligence - but whats the difference?
Put a real insect next to a robotic insect and they could
behave almost identically (the physical motion might be crude, but
the behavior, or "intelligence", could be just as complex)?

Are there two kinds of intelligence, intuition, and consciousness or
just one?
If there are two kinds of each, what is the difference?

I like to think of artificial intelligence as "natural (and/or human)
intelligence
and behavior expressed in a computer language".

Rama