 Robotics / 12443
  Purchasing RCX...Which Version?

Hello, Everyone: I'm interested in purchasing an RCX, but from what I've read the 1.0 is a lot better than the 1.5 (and since they're still giving the upgrade kits free, what's the difference?). Can anyone explain the differences between the 1.0 and (...) (24 years ago, 17-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Purchasing RCX...Which Version?

I have a similar question to Tim's. I'm finally gonna buy a Mindstorm's Invention Kit. Is it possible to find 1.0 RCX still? Where can the best deals on Invention Systems be found? thanx, eric (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Purchasing RCX...Which Version?

You can get 1.0 and 1.5 systems on ebay, but there is some risk and the prices are amazingly high (80-95% of retail). There is not that much difference between the 1.0 and 1.5 kits, and I recommend the latest release, because half of it is a (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Purchasing RCX...Which Version?

I think I can answer all of these. I'll make down what I'm not certain about, and my fellow list members can correct me as need be. 1. The only significant difference between the 1.0 and the 1.5 is the AC port, which the 1.0 has, but the 1.5 lacks. (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Purchasing RCX...Which Version?

Eric, I've noticed that some of the TRUs around here (Cleveland, Ohio) still have both versions on their shelf, and the 1.0 has a big sticker on it saying that you can get the software upgrade free. The main difference is that 1.0 has the power (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Purchasing RCX...Which Version?

I like my 1.0 RCX because of the power jack. I typically use the RCX to automate train layouts and buildings. I like to leave it on, animating the scene for a long period of time. The power cable keeps the batteries from running out. You can get a (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.market.shopping)