 Robotics / 12470
Re: Purchasing RCX...Which Version?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 03:44:18 GMT

I like my 1.0 RCX because of the power jack.  I typically use the RCX to
automate train layouts and buildings.  I like to leave it on, animating the
scene for a long period of time.  The power cable keeps the batteries from
running out.

You can get a power converter for it at Radio Shack.  It seems to be a
standard 9V jack.

Eric Harshbarger <eric@ericharshbarger.org> wrote in message

I have a similar question to Tim's. I'm finally gonna buy a Mindstorm's
Invention Kit. Is it possible to find 1.0 RCX still? Where can the best • deals
on Invention Systems be found?

thanx,

eric

In lugnet.robotics, "Tim Hatch" <vbq@myrealbox.com> writes:
Hello, Everyone:

I'm interested in purchasing an RCX, but from what I've read the 1.0 is =
a lot better than the 1.5 (and since they're still giving the upgrade =
kits free, what's the difference?).  Can anyone explain the differences =
between the 1.0 and 1.5 (extra parts, more RAM, etc.), along with =
suggestions on where to purchase each (Shop at Home?).  I'd like to be =
able to use it w/ my Palm, so IR compatibility matters.