 Robotics / 12395
  Re: 2nd RCX AND PNEUMATICS

(...) This generally not a problem with the motors, which can generate surprising amounts of torque particularly if geared down a lot. Rather, it is to do with the drive train tearing itself apart precisely because of this torque. You need to brace (...) (24 years ago, 13-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  2nd RCX AND PNEUMATICS

Hello Everyone 1) Ive got The lego mindstorms VER 1 and want to get a second RCX , now available is the rcx v1.5 , can i use it with my lego ver 1 cd will it cominucate with the Rcx 1.5 , will there be any error in communicating with one another as (...) (24 years ago, 13-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 2nd RCX AND PNEUMATICS

(...) Another nice thing about the belts is that they don't rattle like the gears, in particular when you change direction often. Jürgen (24 years ago, 13-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 2nd RCX AND PNEUMATICS

(...) Hmm...I imagine the nature of pnuematics would make precision movement control challenging, to say the least. Hey LEGO! We want hydraulics next. :) Greg Betzel (24 years ago, 13-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 2nd RCX AND PNEUMATICS

(...) Speaking of rattling, I recently bought the little red servo motor and that blasted thing is *loud*! Is this normal or did I get a bad model with a flaw? (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  sound design (Re: 2nd RCX AND PNEUMATICS)

(...) Yes, my two also emit a rather unpleasant high-pitched sound. Personally, I tend to always use gear motors. In the beginning I used a minimotor for steering a robot, but it was very slow and jammed often. I'd say they are better for rotating (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: sound design (Re: 2nd RCX AND PNEUMATICS)

(...) Yup. You really have to use a belt somewhere in the drive train with these motors, which allows it to slip instead of jamming. (...) I'd tend to agree, although they can be useful in functional applications if you are very careful. Sometimes I (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics)