 Robotics / 12357
Re: IR Ball (was Soccer-Playing Robots)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 11:55:48 GMT

I tried to build something like this.  I was just trying to make a film
canister into a beacon (even if the LEDs had to be external).  I was using
high-output IR LEDs powered by small lithium watch/camera batteries.  What I
discovered was that no amount of IR LED seemed to be enough to trigger the • LEGO
light sensor usefully.

Hi Ben

It seems that the Lego IR sensor is like a sport car: when you think about
power you never have enough.

Me and Giulio Ferrari made somethin gworking using a lot (28+6) of led to
obtain results. When you think you have enough just add more :)
With this power level when the ball is near to IR sensor (less than 2 inches)
the sensor turn off its emitting led has it feels has enough light :)
Do not give up, just add more leds :)

Have a look at these pictures (if you have noy yet seen)

regards

Marco