 Robotics / 1215
Re: LEGO Hexapod Walker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 10:43:08 GMT

"Gavin Smyth" <gavin@beeskneesDOTfreeserveDOTcoDOTuk> writes:

Take a peek at (the rather crummy, I'm afraid) pictures at
http://www.beesknees.freeserve.co.uk/lego/
It's an insect thingy that works a bit like that. It's a bit bulky since it
uses universal joints to make the leg rods "bend."

John Willoughby has made a different version of the same walking
technique at

    http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~willough/legorob1.htm

It uses only one degree of freedom, but using two motors, one for each
side should be easy.

Perhaps this construction is more rigid?

Fredrik