 Robotics / 11594
Re: Newbie question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 07:29:12 GMT

Also, I'd be interested in getting a general sense of how long
it takes to program the beasts once you build them. i.e. 10 minutes,
1 hour etc. I know it depends on the complexity, but I'm trying to
get a sense of the overall effort required to use the product.

If you enjoy programming, get RIS.
If you hate programming, get RDS.
If you're not sure if RIS is for you, go to your local bookstore and buy or
browse Dave Baum's Definitive Guide to LEGO MindStorms.  It should give you
a feel of how long it would take YOU to program, and have you drooling at
all the creations that you could be building!

PS: Make sure you checkout ebay.  I don't understand it, but I've seen RIS
sold for less than the $200 retail, as low as $129 !!!

=Hari=