 Robotics / 10906
  Model of MATRA's VAL System

Hello, MATRA of France makes an automated light-rail system employing rubber tyres for guidance and support, which runs on what essentially looks like a concrete trough (although a little more complicated). Systems in existance include Lille and (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Model of MATRA's VAL System

(...) Nice AVI! I quite enjoyed it! Good Show. Dean (24 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Model of MATRA's VAL System

You have produced a great model and a very excellent movie. Your design is, as usual, quite clever. Maybe you could provide a URL showing the original Metro. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Transcanner" <hendryjr@oxford.net> wrote in (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics)

Bob Fay wrote in message ... (...) I'll provide a couple of neat links below. (URL) Manufacturers of the VAL and numerous other innovative transit alternatives. I LOVE THIS COMPANY! (URL) VAL in Lille! The world's first completly automated passenger (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Model of MATRA's VAL System

(...) Very nice model. It opens a new door to creative building. You can also do intersection guideway transits without robotics and train track. Most network guideway systems steer the vehicles with such additional wheels mounted horizontally on (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

Miles Gentry wrote in message ... (...) wheels (...) Actually, none of the rubber-tyred systems I've seen have used that system. Rubber-tyred large-scale Metros, in such cities as Montreal and Paris, simply "drop off" the concrete guideway and roll (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: Model of MATRA's VAL System

(...) My mistake for assuming that the appearance of horizontal wheels always indicates their application to steering. You noted that such steering systems appear only in prototypes when used for passenger systems. In fact, my first exposure to such (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

Miles Gentry wrote in message ... (...) Ok, you mis-read me (^: Horizontal wheels *do* indicate guidance to keep a vehicle on the beamway, if they're always engaging with a side friction rail. Actually, I give up (^: (...) correcting me. I didn't (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)