 Robotics / 10876
Re: Questions about unoficial (?) use of electrical LEGO parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 21:18:44 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, "Marco C." <marco@soporcel.pt> writes:

2) This seems to be a very stupid question, but... Could I connect an
OUTPUT port of a pBrick (CiberMaster) to an IN port of another pBrick (ex:
RCX) ?

Marco,

I've had limited experience and success using the output of a master RCX to
trigger the input of a slave RCX.  The communication was quite reliable and
there doesn't appear to be any damage to the slave unit, however there were
some side effects on other sensor inputs.  Specifically, a light sensor that
was connected to another input on the slave RCX would jump as much as 60 or 70
points in RAW mode whenever it received a signal from the master RCX.  This
would probably not be an issue if you're using a non-powered (i.e. touch)
sensor on the other sensor inputs of the slave unit.

Good Luck,
Zac Pollock