 Robotics / 10860
Re: Questions about unoficial (?) use of electrical LEGO parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 10:40:29 GMT

At 18:09 29-02-2000 GMT, Dan Boger wrote:
I havn't tried it (cause I don't have the Cybermaster :/ ) but Bert Van Dam
put on his wonderful page instructions on doing something similar to it.
Go to http://www.bvandam.net/ and click on "the real McCoy" on the left....

it is a facinating site, though he says he's going to take it down soon, so
read up quick!

Yes, Bert Van Dan's one of my "regular" LEGO-Robotics (and AI) site.
It's a great site  :)

I've seen "the real McCoy" *project*, and it's something along the lines of
what I thought of doing to connect a CyberMaster with other pBricks.
I'm not sure if he ever tried to build it, "the real McCoy".

But, since he's assuming a custom made "optocoupler", I wanted to know if
someone already tried for real connecting a standard Fiber Optic Light Unit
to a pBrick.

Then I thought "what if someone already tried to connect directly an OUTPUT
to an INPUT ?" ...if that's possible, then it would even "simpler" to do a
CyberMaster<->Mindstorms pBrick interface :)

Marco C. aka McViper