 Robotics / 10620
  Re: Drive R/C Servos with the RCX and pbForth (long)

(...) If you're using a custom motor driver in pbForth, why use the inverter circuit at all? Why not just generate the desired waveform directly? Is there not enough current to drive the servo that way? --Ben (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Drive R/C Servos with the RCX and pbForth (long)

(...) No, the servo needs power to the + and ground terminals to drive the motor to the setpoint indicated by the signal wire. If I don't invert the signal there is no power for about 30msec and only 1 or 2 msec ov voltage on the motor port. By (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Grabber Arm from 1.0

I have several 1.0 sets that I use with Smalltalk for a freshmen class in Computer Science. The grabber arm appears to be an ideal object to control and I would have most of the "extra" pieces needed per the instructions. I am not sure about the (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Drive R/C Servos with the RCX and pbForth (long)

(...) I should add here that no external power source is necessary to drive the servo. This is important since a micro or miniservo and an SMT version of the driver can be made to fit INSIDE a space similar to a worm gear box (6588 in LDraw). I'm (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Grabber Arm from 1.0

I (...) What do you mean by "page 87" ? Is that page 87 in a printed brochure or in a downloadable *.pdf file? I could help if you had a description of the piece or the place where I can find it. Regards, Simon (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Grabber Arm from 1.0

Either, or at least I assume the pdf file is a copy of the printed version, you will know it when you get there Simon. -- Richard Clemens Associate Professor, Computer Science West Virginia Wesleyan College 59 College Avenue Buckhannon, West (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)