 Robotics / 10372
  Fiber-optic connection between Scout & MicroScout

An observation... It is well-documented that the Scout can communicate with the Micro Scout using its red-light emmiter. The optic fibers transmit light quite well for this purpose with one drawback - only one end of the fiber has a connector. I've (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Re: Fiber-optic connection between Scout & MicroScout

(...) Hey, wow! It turns out that the thin portions of the FO cables are the same thickness (or virtually the same, for all practical purposes) as the inside components of LEGO TECHNIC Flex System cables! In other words, not only do they fit nicely (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.technic)

  Roller coaster track (was RE: Fiber-optic connection between Scout & MicroScout)

(...) Wow! Is this coincidence or what? I'm trying to build a rollercoaster with Lego. I've given up on making the track itself from Lego. Instead, I'm considering buying some smooth but flexible plastic tubes with similar dimensions as those ribbed (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Roller coaster track (was RE: Fiber-optic connection between Scout & MicroScout)

(...) How many do you need? My Lego pusher claims she can get me any number of any part still in production (and 10000, not less, sets of any set not in production anymore:)) We could put her to the test??? (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Fiber-optic connection between Scout & MicroScout

(...) I don't have 8002 myself (unfortunately!), but I understand that the flex cable spine is not only decorative, but also helps to keep the "tail" together when you roll it on the floor. Without them I would guess that it could easily fall apart. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Roller coaster track (was RE: Fiber-optic connection between Scout & MicroScout)

(...) to (...) I want to meet your pusher!! I need a fix, BAD!!! Is selling ABS a felony? Or only if you do it in a school zone? Pat (24 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Roller coaster track (was RE: Fiber-optic connection between Scout & MicroScout)

(...) to (...) Could you see if she can get some of those small chain links? I doubt if they're still in production, but I'd pay ya a small finder's fee if you can hook me up with some & a few other parts of course ;) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Roller coaster track (was RE: Fiber-optic connection between Scout & MicroScout)

(...) have (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Roller coaster track (was RE: Fiber-optic connection between Scout & MicroScout)

John Creek schreef: (...) Small chains, as in service pack 5243/5278? I just got my order for 4 sets of those about 2 weeks ago, I'm sure I could order some more sets. If you can't get them anywhere else, email me and I'm sure we can work something (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)