 Publishing / Photography / 58
Re: Olympus D-360L (Was: Re: New Outdoor Robot Photos)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 04:45:38 GMT

Wayne McCaul wrote:

You can see it in this image:

Wow. That is the worst stuck pixel problem I've ever seen. It's
definitely the CCD. A single stuck pixel on a 3MP CCD isn't unusual, but
an entire *row* of them on a 1.2MP is  bad...not that I have anything
against Olympus, I'm sure they don't even manufacture their own CCD
arrays, and this is just one that slipped through quality control. How
long did you have the cam before you noticed the problem? As a general
rule, digital cams either have a stuck pixel or they don't, and don't
"develop" a stuck pixel with age.

--

Regards

Micah J. Mabelitini - LUGNET #918 - accutron@kih.net
The University of Kentucky - SECC Middlesboro ASRC
http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/brickdreams/
http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/rcxbug/