 Publishing / Photography / 52
Re: New Outdoor Robot Photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:54:04 GMT

Thanks for the history of your robots Micah, interesting stuff indeed. Have you
completed your thesis yet?

What kind of camera do you use now? the Canon S20 that I'm using is
pretty nice, although it does have a few quirks. Most notably, it doesnt
support any raw file format (it's JPEG-only), which I find extremely irritating.

I have a Hewlett Packard C200, which I must admit has done me proud for some time
now, although in comparison with the pictures you have shown it seems a bit
lacking. I've managed to get some good web based pictures from it by taking my time
with lighting and doing a bit of image processing afterwards, but this can be quite
time consuming.

It also only brings JPEG images into the computer, but I am sure this is actually
how they are stored in the camera anyway so there should be no loss at the
downloading stage.

Jennifer Clark