 Publishing / Photography / 57
56  |  58
Subject:
Olympus D-360L (Was: Re: New Outdoor Robot Photos)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 03:25:47 GMT

Hi Bill,

I'm not trying to make trouble or anything, but I have the exact same camera.
Personally, I love it. It's been a blast being able to take pics and know if
they're good or bad right away. And it's pretty good for taking macro pics of
Lego. I even used it to create images for a short stop-motion movie.

But (and you knew there was a 'but') mine developed a problem that I guess
isn't that rare. I started seeing a dot and a line appear on many pics. At
first I thought it was the media. That some of the segements of how it was
storing the images was bad. But someone warned me it might not be and I
confirmed it with a new smartcard.

You can see it in this image:

So I'm sending it off to be repaired before the warrenty runs out. I only
mention this so that if you should start to see something like this, you'll
want to act on it right away. The Olympus people on the phone were really nice
and helpful. I haven't gotten the camera back yet, so I can't comment on the
repair, but I'll keep you posted.

With any luck, you'll never have to worry about it. Like I said, I'm not trying
to rain on your parade, but keep your eye out.

Evil Wayne
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

http://www.geocities.com/legomaniac70

In lugnet.publish.photography, William R. Ward writes:
"Micah J. Mabelitini" <micahx@kih.net> writes:
"William R. Ward" wrote:
My Olympus Camedia has a TIFF mode.  Nyah Nyah.  ;-)

What model? Everything I've read about the Camedias says they are bad
for chromatic abberations and barrel distortions ;)

It's the D-360L.  I haven't used it much yet, since I only got it this
weekend.  But I haven't seen any problems yet.

--Bill.