 Publishing / 804
Re: MSIE5 security hole
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 02:34:45 GMT

"Adam Howard" <abhoward10@hotmail.com> writes:
Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote in message
Luckily we have Netscape Communicator to use instead - a program
with absolutely no bugs or security issues of its own.

I have to disagree with you on this one.  I've downloaded Netscape 4.6
to 3 computers 6 separate times....

Um, Mike was being sarcastic.

I agree with you completely.  Opera is awesome.  However, it has very
little in the way of 'plug-ins'.  At least not many companies are
supporting it yet and you have to finagle those to get them to work.
But its speed is amazing- at least half as fast as IE5,
Twice as fast?

and it supports the approved version of HTML.

Really?  Could you take a screen-shot of my website, for example this
page:
http://chuh.org/Students/Bram-Lambrecht/LEGO/air/

Does the inline frame work on this page:
http://chuh.org/Students/Bram-Lambrecht/resume.html
--Bram