 Off-Topic / Geek / 474
Re: MSIE5 security hole
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 19:28:53 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley) writes:
[...]
I like IE5 alot, and I get pretty freakin tired of all the stupid
potshots people take at it and MS without acknowledging the fact that
the major competing browser/package has a tons of problems/bugs/issues
of its own.
[...]

I'm with ya.  OK, lemme practice.

Ahem.  :']

_______________________________begin rant_________________________________

Microsoft Internet Explorer is a rickety, rotten, bug-infested, malodorous
cesspool of filth, coughed up like a steaming pus-infected hairball from the
collective bellies of ten thousand demonic gargoyles.[1]  Microsoft makes my
butt pucker.

--Todd

[1] of course, the major competing browser/package has tons of
problems/bugs/issues of its own.

________________________________end rant__________________________________

How's that?  =:*S

A friend of mine at work at my last job had a quote up on his wall from a
student who was asked in an essay to compare and contrast two or three MS
products.  The quote went something like this (unfortunately, I can't
remember whom it was attributed to):

"I would rather gnaw my left leg off at the knee, pack the bleeding stump
with salt, and run around in circles over broken glass than use a Microsoft
product on a regular basis."

Now *that's* what I'd call feeling pretty strongly anti-MS, I think.  :-)

--Todd

p.s.  MSIE's smooth scrolling fully rocks.