 Publishing / 802
Re: MSIE5 security hole
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 02:29:40 GMT

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote in message
news:slrn7srpal.8f6.cjc@VADER.NS.UTK.EDU...
Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
AdamH just sent around this URL in an email...

  http://www.msnbc.com/news/305560.asp

Microsoft is a clogged toilet.

Luckily we have Netscape Communicator to use instead - a program with
absolutely no bugs or security issues of its own.

I have to disagree with you on this one.  I've downloaded Netscape 4.6 to 3
computers 6 separate times.  Each one installed ok, but on 2 everytime you
launched it it crashed the computer, and the other one crashed after it had
been online for about 10 minutes and we never got 4.6 running again.  This
was back in June, so it might be better now, but I'm not going to waste my
time trying.

I personally prefer Opera over them both, to be honest.  It's just not
full-featured yet.

I agree with you completely.  Opera is awesome.  However, it has very little
in the way of 'plug-ins'.  At least not many companies are supporting it yet
and you have to finagle those to get them to work.  But its speed is
amazing- at least half as fast as IE5, and it supports the approved version
of HTML.

Adam