 Publishing / 3765
Re: Unviewable page, useless warning (Was: UCS TIE Crawler)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 20:56:45 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Amado C. Pinlac writes:
Sorry to hear about your problems accessing our site. Since Homestead is the
website company that I use to create the webpages, I'm not really sure as to
what code the pages finally translate to. Hence, even if I wanted to post
what type of javascript or what not it supports, Homestead can easily change
it to whatever they want.

Is Javascript even required?  It seems to me that you could probably display
the pictures without needing it.

Can you at least try to view it in another browser instead?

Nope, sorry.  I turn Javascript off by principle, especially when viewing
websites on so-called free webservers.  It really mucks up the viewing
experience, and generally gets in the way.

Was the javascript written by you, or privided by homestead?  Do you think
there's any way to display your images without relying on it?

Cheers,
- jsproat