 Publishing / 3766
Re: Unviewable page, useless warning (Was: UCS TIE Crawler)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:18:38 GMT

In lugnet.publish, William R. Ward writes:
However, the number of users who disable javascript today is probably
0.01% or so...

*shrug*

Until four things happen:

(1) Javascript becomes less of a security/stability risk, and

(2) ECMA officially becomes an integral part of the HTML standard, and

(3) Microsoft and Mozilla and whoever else can agree on a common DOM, and

(4) annoying advertising stops being 99.99% of the Javascript out there,

then I'm keeping my javascript turned off unless I see enough merit to turn
it on (and even then, it's going on strictly on a site-by-site basis).  I
*know* I'm not the only one doing this.

Oh, and unless you have actual numbers to back up your claim of .01 percent,
I'm going to stick to my 99.99% claim.  :-,

Cheers,
- jsproat