 Publishing / 3761
    Re: Unviewable page, useless warning (Was: UCS TIE Crawler) —Amado C. Pinlac
   Jeremy, Sorry to hear about your problems accessing our site. Since Homestead is the website company that I use to create the webpages, I'm not really sure as to what code the pages finally translate to. Hence, even if I wanted to post what type of (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Unviewable page, useless warning (Was: UCS TIE Crawler) —Jeremy H. Sproat
     (...) Is Javascript even required? It seems to me that you could probably display the pictures without needing it. (...) Nope, sorry. I turn Javascript off by principle, especially when viewing websites on so-called free webservers. It really mucks (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.publish)

         Re: Unviewable page, useless warning (Was: UCS TIE Crawler) —Amado C. Pinlac
     Jeremy, The Homestead software creates the javascript behind the scenes. All of the webpages are done through it and there's no easy way of getting around it. Sorry, I know it's not the answer you were looking for. Regards, ACPin & Sons (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.publish)

         Re: Unviewable page, useless warning (Was: UCS TIE Crawler) —Jeremy H. Sproat
     (...) Ah, bummer. I'm sorry to be such a pill. FWIW, I was able to see the UCS Tie Crawler page once someone gave me the URL for it -- the images on that load just fine. Cheers, - jsproat (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.publish)

         Re: Unviewable page, useless warning (Was: UCS TIE Crawler) —David Eaton
     (...) So-- you could see the images on the crawler page ok? Huh... considering that they were in onmouseovers and onmouseouts, I'm again amazed... The default images when I looked were for invalid urls... huh... DaveE (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Unviewable page, useless warning (Was: UCS TIE Crawler) —David Eaton
   (...) Wow. That's really wacky Javascript. I'm really rather amazed that Homestead makes such awfully complex Javascript for such an apparently small effect. But that's beside the point. I think you'll find that the code that's the problem is the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Unviewable page, useless warning (Was: UCS TIE Crawler) —Jeremy H. Sproat
     (...) What does it do, anyway? (...) Nope. Nothing but a black b/g with a grey grid and grey stars. And the black-on-black <noscript> text that is visible only before the background image loads. Cheers, - jsproat (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.publish)

         Re: Unviewable page, useless warning (Was: UCS TIE Crawler) —David Eaton
     (...) I didn't go nuts investigating, but it looked like it preloads the images into Javascript objects, creates links around each image, then each link has an onmouseover/onmouseout that affects the contents of the image within the link. Meanwhile (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.publish)

         Re: Unviewable page, useless warning (Was: UCS TIE Crawler) —Jeremy H. Sproat
     (...) Ya. Weird. :-, Cheers, - jsproat (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Unviewable page, useless warning (Was: UCS TIE Crawler) —Amado C. Pinlac
   Dave, I've been using Homestead for the past couple of years and haven't had much problems with them. Regular viewers of the site know that most of the pics shown have the hidden pic every now and then. Unfortunately, the Homestead software creates (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.publish)