 Publishing / 2641
RE: Fully motorized sports car - photography
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 05:04:24 GMT

Oliver Giesen writes:
G'Day
Beautiful model !

Thanks!

So how did you take those great shots of a black model, I am
thinking shadow box and over exposure, if so by how much ? Any
details would be appreciated!

I don't have much experience with photography, so basically, I played with
the settings on my camera (Nikon Coolpix 990 - a fully automatic *and* fully
manual 3.34 megapixel digital camara.)
  Since I was just taking pictures on my dorm room bed, I didn't have much
in the way of lighting other than the weak florescent light above my bed and
a desk lamp across the room (wow-at most 10 ft away!).  So, I needed to
overexpose the photos quite a bit (hence the very white sheet and wall :)
  I think aperture was set to 3.5 throughout the entire photo shoot.  I used
a tripod and took three shots of each position with shutter speeds of 1/4,
1/2, and 1 second.  Most of the pictures I kept were 1/2 or 1 second shots.
  If you'd like to see some 8 second exposures I took of moving monorails
with the same camera, take a look at the last half of these pictures:
I hope that answers your question :)
Comments welcome!
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht