 Publishing / 2640
2639  |  2641
Subject:
Best cheap camera?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 08:23:07 GMT

Does anyone have any experience with really cheap digital cameras?  I mean
*REALLY* cheap, like $100 or so.

How effective are they for photographing LEGO?  What about closeups?

I'm saving up for a Nikon D-1 for some other photography work (and so
that I can use all of my Nikkor lenses), so it irks me to spend a lot
of money on a good digital camera in the interim.

I *do* have a professional camera that includes a 60mm macro lens, so
taking slides of my sets is an option.  Does anyone out there do this?
I wonder if it's really cost-effective since I don't care about
color saturation enough to warrant film and developing costs (not
to mention how frustrating it is to wait for your slides, then have
to scan them!)

So... Opinions?

Chris