 Publishing / 2566
  Stupid Geocities...

How do I go about changing the site addy from (URL) to some thing like (URL) without having to save everything to my comp and delete the site, then build another and upload the content? It won't let me have /castleworld/ or /castle_world/ because (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Stupid Geocities...

(...) Well my first suggestion would be to get it off of Geocities and move it to a real hosting service. Of course that costs $$ so that might not be an option. You could also register a domain name for it and just overlay the temp site with that (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Stupid Geocities...

(...) A friend of a friend of Dave Eaton is getting a domain name for us (but there is no telling when that will happen) and the big time official automated Castle World site is going to be online next year (I hope) =). I might just go ahead and do (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Stupid Geocities...

(...) Depending on the site's needs, I could do this (I run an ISP out of my basement :) Anyhow, someone can send me a personal email if this is of interest. Chris (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Stupid Geocities...

(...) a (...) option. (...) A service which would be neat for Todd to offer on the Lugnet servers would be space for club webpages. Perhaps they could get a club.lugnet.com address as a basic service, with domain hosting as an extra option. I'd be (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.publish)