 Publishing / 2570
Re: Stupid Geocities...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 00:41:31 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Christopher Lindsey writes:
Eric Kingsley wrote:

In lugnet.publish, Nathan McDowell writes:

Well my first suggestion would be to get it off of Geocities and move it to • a
real hosting service.  Of course that costs $$ so that might not be an • option.

You could also register a domain name for it and just overlay the temp site
with that but of course that also costs $$.

Depending on the site's needs, I could do this (I run an ISP out
of my basement :)

Anyhow, someone can send me a personal email if this is of interest.

A service which would be neat for Todd to offer on the Lugnet servers would be
space for club webpages. Perhaps they could get a club.lugnet.com address as a
basic service, with domain hosting as an extra option. I'd be happy to pay
$5-20 per year to be a member of a club/organization like Castle World to help
pay for this service (I'm not sure Todd should offer it for free - though you
do get the FTX page service as part of your membership, currently with picture
hosting most easily available through Brickshelf).

Just some thoughts.

Frank
(who really needs to send Lugnet another contribution)