 Publishing / 2567
Re: Stupid Geocities...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 17:42:21 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Nathan McDowell writes:
How do I go about changing the site addy from
http://www.geocities.com/castle_world_temp/ to some thing like
http://www.geocities.com/castleworld/ without having to save everything to
my comp and delete the site, then build another and upload the content?  It
won't let me have /castleworld/ or /castle_world/ because it's too close to
/castle_world_temp/ apparently.  It says that those names are taken but when
I look for them they don't show up.  Grrr...  The "temp" site is not
temporary anymore.  Any help would be appreciated.

Well my first suggestion would be to get it off of Geocities and move it to a
real hosting service.  Of course that costs $$ so that might not be an option.

You could also register a domain name for it and just overlay the temp site
with that but of course that also costs $$.

I think if you want it for free you will probably have to do what you are doing
by copying everything over.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/