 Publishing / 1912
    Finding a useful digital camera —Jeff Hudson
   Hello all, I would like to get some quality pictures taken of my Lego models and post them on my website. I've been using a flatbed scanner, which has worked quite well for what I've done so far. However I'm working on some models and a layout that (...) (24 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Finding a useful digital camera —Matthew Miller
   (...) I really like the Nikon Coolpix 950, but that's a bit out of that price range. Some important features are: a good macro mode for taking close-ups, a good lcd screen for composing setups without having to peer through a viewfinder, and perhaps (...) (24 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.publish)

        Floppies are cool! (was: Re: Finding a useful digital camera) —Todd Lehman
   (...) I use a camera that uses floppies (Sony Mavica FD-91), and I'm quite happy with it! Its resolution is only 1024x768, but that's already twice the vertical and horizontal resolution that I really need for almost anything web-related I've done (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Floppies are cool! (was: Re: Finding a useful digital camera) —Lindsay Frederick Braun
     (...) Yeah, if I'd had the money, a Mavica was on my wants list. As it was, I just went and got one with similar resolution (Fuji DX-10) but that cost a lot less--and it came with a mail-away for a USB reader so that vitiated my concerns over (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Floppies are cool! (was: Re: Finding a useful digital camera) —Matthew Miller
   (...) *shrug* Those are pretty nice, but there are definite apparent compression artifacts. And, if you happen to have a laptop, compact flash will "just work" with PCMCIA. (With a cheap passive adapter; came with the compact flash card I bought.) (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Floppies are cool! (was: Re: Finding a useful digital camera) —Todd Lehman
   (...) Ya, it ain't perfect, but it's more than adequate for my needs (basically, taking close-ups of LEGO and goofing around with the cat). One of the other main reasons we bought it (besides the floppy drive) was the 14x zoom and macro (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.publish)