 Publishing / 1913
Re: Finding a useful digital camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 23:43:28 GMT

Jeff Hudson <x96hudson5@wmich.edu> wrote:
to digital cameras?  Are there certain features/functions that allow for better
detail when taking pictures of Lego?  I would prefer to spend no more than
$125, but would go up to $200.  What can I get for this price?  I know you can

I really like the Nikon Coolpix 950, but that's a bit out of that price
range.

Some important features are: a good macro mode for taking close-ups, a good
lcd screen for composing setups without having to peer through a viewfinder,
and perhaps most importantly, the ability to take good pictures in low light
without a flash. (Flash photography and shiny plastic don't mix....)

buy some that save directly to flopies and others that you have to download
images to your computer, what are the disadvantages/advantages?

The ones that use floppies are bad -- floppies don't hold much, so they have
to use really severe compression.

Quotes 'R' Us                     --->               http://quotes-r-us.org/
Boston University Linux             --->                http://linux.bu.edu/