 Publishing / 167
Re: XOOM downside
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 16:04:45 GMT

Well, if you have unlimited internet access, and an extra phone line,
use Monolith (www.ml.org) and set up a free dynamic domain for
dynamic IP addresses.  Also use Dynamo for the IP detection.
If running Win32 (95/98/NT) use Apache (www.apache.org) for the
web server, and voila ... your own web server on your computer that
you have total control over ...

BTW, all programs listed above ARE truely free.

-Lee.

Also you can have an FTP running using WarFTP (www.jgaa.com)

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Patrick Gili wrote:

Larry,

You should take a look at tripod.com?  This web hosting service
is part of Lycos and done so very professionally.  In addition,
you don't have to incorporate any advertisements in your page
AND your information is confidential.  I am thinking seriously
of setting up my website there instead of Geocities (when I
finally get off butt and finish it).

Thanks for the Tripod flog. However it doesn't address my question,
which was "is anyone else getting lots of XOOM spam". Mike answered it:
Comes with the territory, I guess. Shoulda known.

Not a complaint, nothing is free!

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.